Friday, December 11, 2009

Change Of Direction

It's been a while since my last post...fall semester got in the way.

Progress will continue during the Christmas break, but with a change in direction. The original concept for a community oriented site allowed me to use a lot of cool features I wanted to use. But I've since come up with an actual need for a membership based site to support game creation contests I run for high school students.

So I'll be creating that site here, in the context of showing how to create sites using GWT and App Engine. I may not get to use all the cool features I'd intended, but I'll work as many of them in as makes sense.

What I've done up to this point is extremely generic, and will still apply to the new site concept. The only bit that needs redone is the last post, which is the initial design of the site.

I'll do that next, and then get back on track with the technical bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment